> Home Page > Report Bullying & Harassment
REPORT acts of discrimination:
Transphobia, Biphobia, Lesbo/Homo- and Queerphobia on campus. It matters.
The purpose of this site is to provide a way for members of the University of Toronto community and visitors to our campuses to report incidents and behaviour motivated by intolerance and hatred toward lesbians, gay men, bisexuals, transgender and queer people. Homophobia includes - lesbophobic, transphobic, biphobic remarks, behaviours which target lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, transsexual, intersexed, questioning, queer people, families, relationships, lives, and our allies. Students, staff and faculty are encouraged to report.
Use the bullying and harassment form to report any incidents on any campus (St. George, Scarborough or Mississauga). Examples of incidents that should be reported include, but are not exclusive to:
- Derogatory messages on bulletin boards, white boards, graffiti, emails or web sites
- Homophobic/anti-gay comments, in class
- Verbal or physical harassment (e.g. faggot, that's so gay, queer, dyke, etc.; pushing, yelling, bullying etc.)
- Defacement or tearing down of posters, including LGBTQ announcements, Positive Space stickers/posters
- Threats of assault or assault by a known or unknown perpetrator, including a same-sex date or domestic partner
- Any behaviour that makes you feel uncomfortable around issues of sexual orientation or gender identity
- Incidents can also be reported to the U of T Campus Police or the Toronto Police
The information you provide will be compiled by the Sexual & Gender Diversity office and used to raise awareness and visibility about the lived experience of students, staff and faculty on campus. Please provide as much information and detail as possible.
To download a Hate Happened Here poster as a means to inform and raise awareness to community members of the existence of homophobic behaviours and intolerance click here.